John Shank, CPA, CGMA
- John is a founding member of BMSS, LLC.
- John’s responsibilities include overseeing clients’ service needs such as corporate and personal tax, financial reporting and estate planning.
- He also provides consultation and strategic planning in areas such as business operational issues, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation and transition planning.
- John is part of the consulting team at BMSS Wesson Wealth Solutions.
- Huntingdon College – Bachelor of Arts, Accountancy – cum laude
Professional Designations & Affiliations:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Council Representative for the State of Alabama
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA) – Past Chair, Chair-elect, Vice-Chair and Secretary-Treasurer
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants’ Education Foundation – Chair and Board Member
- Birmingham Business Alliance – Trustee
- Birmingham Venture Club – Board Member
- AICPA Benevolent Fund – Member, Board of Trustees
- UAB Accounting Advisory Board – Board Member (Past)
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Birmingham Boys Choir Foundation – Board Member and Treasurer (Past)
- Arthritis Foundation – Jingle Bell Run Corporate Chair (Past)
- John resides in Birmingham with his wife, Eva and their three children.
- In his free time, he enjoys spending time with family, doing outdoor activities such as working in his yard, camping, hiking and white water rafting.