Karen Poist, CPA
- Karen joined BMSS, LLC in 1998 and currently serves as a member of the firm’s tax practice.
- She leads the State and Local Tax (SALT) group, which focuses primarily on income tax, sales and use tax, unclaimed property, business licenses and ad valorem taxes. She also works with mergers and acquisitions.
- Karen is part of the tax planning team at BMSS Wesson Wealth Solutions, LLC.
- State University of New York – Fredonia, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Designations & Affiliations:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA) – State Tax Committee
- Karen is originally from Cobleskill, New York.
- She currently resides in Hoover with her husband Chad and their four children.
- Karen enjoys watching her children participate in sports.