Mark A. Wesson, CFP®, CEO
- Mark is the CEO of BMSS Wealth Solutions, a fee-only Registered Investment Advisory firm owned by Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith, LLC firm.
- He created the Wealth Services Division of Cadence Bank in 2011 as EVP Wealth Services with full responsibility for the private banking, trust, brokerage and RIA lines of business with $6.2B in loans, deposits and assets under management.
- Mark has held the titles of SVP of Private Banking at Wells Fargo Bank, SVP and Regional Managing Director of Wealth Management for Wachovia Bank and Director of Wealth Management for SouthTrust Bank.
- With 27 years of experience in the financial services industry, he began his career in 1987 in the management training program of SouthTrust Bank located in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Graduate Southern Trust School, Spring Hill College, 2004
- Graduate School Bank Management, University of Virginia, 1995
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1990
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, The University of Alabama, 1986
- Mandarin Language School, Shantou University, China, 1986
Professional Designations & Affiliations:
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®)
- The Alabama Policy Institute – Chairman of the Board
- The American Red Cross – Former Board Member
- Birmingham Theological Seminary – Board Member
- National Christian Foundation – Alabama Affiliate
- Mark has been married for 27 years with four children.
- He has traveled extensively internationally, consulting with and personally investing in business as missions companies.
- Mark’s entire career has been focused on consulting with privately held business owners, wealthy individuals and families on a variety of business, financial, values, gifting and investment topics.